Tuesday, January 4, 2011

36 Week Update

Well, the doctor broke the news to me that I am not dilated a bit! It is not surprising because this is my first child. It is frustrating because I have been walking religiously for a while now to try and move things along. The doctor also thinks that the baby has not flipped upside down yet. He thinks this because he had to put the doppler on the top of my uterus to find the little guy's heart beat. I am not surprised that he may be head up because he's been pushing on my rib cage on the right side for the past couple of weeks. I can feel that it is something big instead of something like feet. I theorized that it is his head or rump. I asked the doc how big he thinks the baby is. Based on measurements, he thinks the baby is about 5 pounds right now. So, I may have a 7 or 8 pound baby if I carry to full term. That's a healthy baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment